Nevern Show 6th August 2014
Gwenddwr Show 26th July 2014
Capel Bangor Show 2nd August 2014
Royal Welsh Show 1st - 24th July 2014
Erwood Show 30th August 2014
Haycastle show 16th August 2014
1. The pony/horse will be 4 years old or over, ridden in tack that is appropriate for trekking and the trekker suitably dressed and equipped for a twelve to eighteen mile trek.
First, the appropriate tack is:
Snaffle bridles only
No martingales or artificial aids
Hard hats (correct standards only).
Protection against rain and suitable footwear (not trainers)
First aid kit
Pieces of string
Identification and medical information (if any)
2. After the initial parade, all competitors will be drawn in and the judge will then invite you to ride your individual show.
3. Next you will be asked to dismount and unsaddle, placing your saddle in the front of your pony/horse. You should use the lead rope and stand, as if tied at lunchtime, whilst the judge checks you, your pony/horse and equipment.
4. When the judge has finished his/her examination, you will be asked to replace your tack and remount. It is important that your pony/horse stands still whilst you remount.
5. Finally, the judge will ask all competitors to parade before placing them in order of preference and presenting rosettes.